Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thinkin' About Drinkin'

April 30, 2006


I've been buying winter clothes these days -- sweaters, gloves, a puffy black coat. Actually, my main projects recently have been shopping for warm clothing and potting cacti. And making margaritas. Most evenings, I admire the salvia and lantana landscaping on my way home from the gym, suck in the bbq smoke from Ben's as I turn onto my street, and enjoy a cool margarita and a warm sunset on my porch. I am going to miss everything here so much. People keep asking me, "Will you come back?" and I don't know what to say.

I am just so overwhelmed with sadness today. Even a Blizzard -- a French silk pie Blizzard -- cheered me only momentarily. Do they even have Dairy Queens in DC? I know they don't have cactus gardens, year round 68 degree natural springs, six months of summer.

I'm searching for DC blogs that will make me excited about the city. The City Paper is really not doing the job -- that rag must be staffed by the most negative people in the nation's capitol. Seriously, every issue has snarky articles about how crappy the city is. Like, lots of them. Here's one I found a few weeks back. Wouldn't you know it, I've already lined up a room in a rowhouse in Columbia Heights. The pictures looked nice, and now I really can't wait to meet the neighbors. Where's the tequila?

No comments:

Post a Comment